Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mercury in High-Fructose Corn Syrup

Ok people. It is time for another rant. (while I wait for the Borax to sit on the carpet)

Last night as Darrin and I were watching Fox 59 news at 10 there was a story about High-Fructose Corn Syrup. They stated that in a test study that a lot of the industrial HFCS contains Mercury.

Here is the article.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/26/AR2009012601831.html

All I have to say is REALLY PEOPLE!!!! Have you not been listening to the debate about vaccines? Why in the world would you put mercury in a food product. It is not good for the average person and it toxic for kids with compromised immune systems.

Then the HFCS people have the audacity to have commercials that promote the product and make those who avoid it sound stupid. They go something like this.

Person 1: Do you want some soda?
Person 2: No thank you. That contains HFCS. You know what they say about that.
P1: No, what do they say about it?
P2: Well, you know....
P1: That it is made from corn, and that in moderation it is ok?
p2: Silence.
Voice over: Be informed about the foods you eat. Go to (some web site)
End commercial.

Now person 2 can say: Yes, much of it contains mercury. Do you know what mercury does to your body?

One really sad thing about this is that many children with Autism have a very limited diet and much of this diet contains foods that are very high in HFCS.

So please read your labels and avoid this product.

3 comments:

Heather L. said...

That's terrible! I'm assuming, if it was on the news, that this is documented? I guess I'll have to continue to wage war against HFCS.

Monica said...

That's craziness!! I had no idea that there was even possible!

By the way, you'll have to tell me how this carpet and Borax thing works. My carpet could use a little love.

Alaina said...

Hey Jennie, I have something for you over on my blog!