Monday, May 14, 2018

So last week I started my self care regiment. I have been doing Low Dose Allergy Therapy over the past year so that gluten does not kill me. I tried fasting for the 3 critical days of the therapy. I made it 52 hrs. Maybe next time I will make it all 3 days.
We are starting a new eating plan. I hope this will help heal my body and get some hormones regulated along with giving my gut a chance to heal.
We will be eating 2 meals a day with our big meal at lunch time. Darrin and I are going to fast for dinner. I sleep better when I do that and find my head is much clearer.
Breakfast will consist of a "keto" smoothie and lunch will be a raw veggie, like salad, a cooked veggie and a grilled meat. Not sure how this will all play out, but we are going to give it a go. I am going to make up some fat bombs of coconut oil to help fight my gut issues. These will also help if I get overly hungry and want to eat my young children. :)
I am also going to try to get 3 miles of walking in a day. That might be all at once or divided into 2. Darrin and I are trying to get a walk in the evening. It helps us connect and talk about our day and days to come without being interrupted by kids. I really enjoy that time with him. It also gets us out into the neighborhood to greet our neighbors.
I am going to be getting my supplements in order to help support my hormones and the healing process of my body. Vit D really is a big part of this. I plan on getting a good dose of that a day while reading out on the back deck.
Moms that care for kids on the Autism Spectrum suffer from a form of PTSD. They have to be on alert 24/7. They are always in fight or flight mode. Their adrenals are run down and their bodies are being destroyed by the stress they live under 24/7.
It is my hope that as I heal my body from the stresses of the past 14 years, that I can help other moms heal or avoid the breakdown of their own bodies.
Self care is important for every mom and woman. We are encouraged and taught that we need to sacrifice all for those around us. We can not effectively do the job we are called to do if we are not healthy and present. Just like athletes train and take care of their bodies so that they can accomplish the job ahead of them, we to, as women, need to train and take care of our bodies so that we can fulfill the call that is on our lives. Yes, things will get done even if we don't, but wouldn't it be more fun if we felt good and had energy to get our work done? This is what I am working towards. 

No comments: