Monday, October 6, 2008

Growing Up

I was going to write about this past weekend. The Fiesta was really fun and I can't wait to do it again. I will try to post some pictures this week.
As I said I was going to write about this weekend, but something happened at dinner that is much more significant.
My greatest prayer for the boys and Addi is that they will come love God and serve his purposes for their lives. Spencer is one step closer. He is growing up and starting to understand some of the basic things that we do to thank God such as praying and thanking God for our food before we eat.
Tonight I fed the kids before Darrin got home and totally missed praying with them before they ate. When Darrin sat down to eat his dinner Spencer climbed up in the chair next to Darrin and the conversation went like this:

S (with folded hands): Pause, Pause
D: you want to pray?
S: Pray.
D: o.k. go ahead.
S: I would like...
Humpty dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Could not put Humpty together again.
D: laughing so hard tears were running down his face.

I always love hearing what other little kids say. I waited for the day that fun things came out of my kids mouths. Tonight was well worth waiting for.

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

As the saying goes, "That is rich, really rich!" I love it!!!

Mary said...

I miss them so much!