Friday, April 4, 2008

Victory Dance!

For one mother, joy is the quiet pleasure found in gently rubbing shampoo into her young child's hair. For another woman it's taking a long walk alone, while for yet another it's reveling in a much-anticipated vacation.
-Eileen Stukane

Today Taylor took his vitamins!!!! I am so excited. I gave him the little "berries" and walked away. I tried to peak around the fridge to see if he had eaten them, but he had his back to me. Later he asked for some more. I gave them to him and saw him chew them up!! This is almost as much cause for celebration as Spencer's potty training.

These past weeks have been my most tired throughout the boys treatment. I just want to chuck everything and go to sleep. Isn't that the way God works. When we are at our lowest He is able to do what needs to be done. Things needed to be done and He got them done. I can humbly say that it was not me by any means. He has shown me that this journey is not on my shoulders, but on His. He will bring us to the end with the result that He has set from the beginning of time.

Vitamins are such little things. You can fit many of them in your hand and yet there are many valleys between the ridges of those little things. Today God took Taylor to the vitamin mountain and helped him conquer it. He did not even need the help of his mama.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow!! This is good news, my friend. And just the first of many victories to come.